What I Ate Wednesday

Thursday 22 October 2015



Breakfast:
I pretty much have the same thing for breakfast everyday, but I love it! I make my porridge with just oats, cinnamon, chia seeds and coconut milk (I usually have almond milk but this was on special at the supermarket). On top I have banana, blueberries (frozen, heated up) and since strawberries are coming in season I've been having them most mornings too. And of course I have my morning coffee to go with it.


Post-gym:
I always have a protein shake after my workout at the gym, which I normally finish around 11am. If you saw on twitter you'll know that my legs were absolutely killed this week when my personal trainer gave me a new workout. This is where protein is a godsend for building my muscle back. I'm also a vegetarian so I need all the help I can get to make sure I'm fit and healthy. It's also chocolate flavored so it just feels like I'm treating myself! I usually make it with calcium enriched milk, but today I just had to use trim. I also had a glass of water today since I was feeling a little dehydrated.


Lunch:
Another salad bowl for me today! I usually just wing-it and use whatever I can find in out fridge/freezer. Today I had corn, raw zucchini, salad leaves, hummus, bean sprouts, and I cooked two vegetarian sausages for some bonus protein. For a dressing I just used some lemon juice and little bit sesame oil. Yum!


Coffee time while I get my work done!


Snack:
Around 2pm I always make myself a smoothie. Let me tell you, buying a Nutri-Bullet was well worth it! It's pretty much my way of packing as many super-foods into my diet as I can. I use pretty much the same recipe most days, but oh how I wish mangoes were still in season! I know it seems weird to use protein powder again, but this only has 10g per serve and I love how it thickens up the mix. Today I used:
 Half an orange
 A stick of celery
1/3 cup cucumber
1/2 cup of frozen berries
1 tsp LSA
1 tsp Maca Powder
2 scoops protein powder (berry flavor)
1/2 cup coconut water
A little coconut milk
A little pineapple juice


Another coffee while I take a break from my work and do some reading. Coffee breaks are always necessary. Always. Especially with a book in hand!


Afternoon Snack: 
Around 4pm I usually have something small to eat. Today I just had one of my all time favorites, Vegemite and cheese on crackers. I think I'm one of the minority who prefers Vegemite to Marmite...we just never had Marmite in the house growing up! Oh and I had another glass of water.


I had someone helping me prepare this one.


Dinner:
So tonight I made pizza for dinner, but I made a carrot and zucchini base for it. It's super easy! Just blend it up, add 2 eggs, some spices and Parmesan cheese. Flatten them on a tray and bake for 15min, then put your toppings on and bake. I think a cauliflower base is nicer but this was good too. For the toppings I just put some roast vegetables, pesto, peppers, corn and mozzarella cheese. Yum!


To go with it, I had some home-made iced green tea. I just put the tea bag and some lemon in a jar with hot water and left it in the fridge for a few hours. I only made this one at lunch time so I could have left it for longer, but it was still quite refreshing.


Supper:
I was feeling a bit peckish around 8.30pm so I thought I would make something quick. It was just a piece of wholemeal toast and some peanut butter. I sometimes have Greek yogurt and fruit as a dessert, but I wanted something a little heavier to fill me up. That will teach me for avoiding carbs all day!
Ok, so after this I was still a bit hungry, and since my legs are still so painful after my new workout the other day I was feeling sorry for myself, so I had some mint chocolate ice-cream. Oh well!


 How did you like my first What I Ate Wednesday
Slightly controversial question: Do you prefer Vegemite or Marmite?
Let me know in the comments!

Pretty Please x. 


Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment