My Favorite Music of 2015

Friday 11 December 2015


Hello Everyone! 
I couldn't not talk about my favorite music from this year, especially since I feel like I've found so many great songs. My music taste has changed a bit this year too, or at least I prefer different genres depending on what I'm doing. For example, I love pop songs in the car, but my gym playlist has a lot of hip-hop and electronic on it. Anyone else do that? I do go quite mainstream with my music, but hey I like what I like!

My Jam: Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself
"Gonna love myself, no I don't need anyone else"
I have probably listened to this song everyday since I discovered it. It's just so fun and uplifting! Every time I need to cheer myself up I just turn this up loud and I feel so much better. Definitely my favorite song this year.

Blown away by: One Direction - Made in The A.M
Bet you already knew I was going to talk about this one, right? These boys seriously stepped up their game with this album and I absolutely love the direction they're taking with it (see what I did there). There's a really cool retro vibe with the songs and there are a few that remind me a lot of the Beatles. And I don't say that lightly, because I love the Beatles. 
Favorite Tracks: A.M, What a Feeling, I Want To Write You A Song, Hey Angel, Drag Me Down.

Anthem Artists: Little Mix
I definitely gained a new appreciation for girl bands this year. These four girls are all incredibly talented and their music style is quite empowering for other girls. I've actually been listening to them a lot at the gym and when I'm working out and it's great for motivation. 
Favorite Tracks: Salute, Love Me Like You, Black Magic, Lightning.

Feelin' like a teen again: 5 Seconds of Summer 
 I'm always cautious of getting into new boy-band music, just because it usually spirals out of control (I'm looking at you 1D!). But their music is a lot of fun, especially since it has a punk-rock feel to it which brings me back to my high-school days. 
Favorite Tracks: End Up Here, She's Kinda Hot, Hey Everybody, Permanent Vacation.

Girlcrush: Demi Lovato
Anyone else incredible happy that Demi is back? And with a completely new direction of music too! As soon as I heard Cool for the Summer for the first time I was hooked again. Not to mention she looks incredible!
Favorite Tracks: Cool for the Summer, Kingdom Come, Old Ways, Confident.


Track Favorites:
My House - Flo Rida
Hell No's and Headphones - Hailee Steinfeld
Wake Up- The Vamps
Never Forget You - Zara Larsson & MNEK
Lean On (feat. MØ & DJ Snake) - Major Lazer
Don't Worry (feat. Ray Dalton) - Madcon
Levels - Nick Jonas
Get Stupid - Aston Merrygold 
Bad Girls - MKTO
Down South (feat. Motheo Moleko) - Jeremy Loops
BO$$ - Fifth Harmony

Do you have a favorite song from this year? 
Steph x.

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment