My Favorite Movies of 2015

Saturday 19 December 2015


Hello Everyone!
I feel like we got pretty spoiled for blockbuster movies this year. I love going to the cinema and it's been great having something new to look forward to each month. Here are the movies released this year that I loved most:

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
You have no idea how excited I was when this was finally released. They did changed quite a few scenes that were in the book, but I found that they made sense for a film adaptation. With the action scenes they managed keep the intensity of the book and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Bring on The Death Cure!

Cinderella
Oh, I do love a good Disney movie. I think the idea of live-action Disney is really cool and they pulled this one off really well. I loved that they explained more of the story of Cinderella, especially her evil step-mother and why she was so cruel to her. Can we please talk about her dress?

Avengers: Age of Ultron
There was no way I was leaving this one off my list. I thought this film was even cooler than the first and the action was on another level. In terms of villains, Ultron is pretty up there and James Spader was incredible.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Anyone else not ready for this series to end? It was a pretty epic conclusion and they kept in a lot of my favorite moments from the book. It was all worth the heartbreaking moments. Josh Hutcherson was absolutely amazing at playing a broken Peeta. He's definitely going to get an Oscar one day, for sure. 

Jurassic World 
I know this one got mixed reviews, but I actually really enjoyed it! Yes, there were times when things got a bit over-the-top, but in terms of being entertaining and having a good cast, it did pretty good. And they get props for making me actually like Raptors.

The Martian
This wasn't my usual Saturday night movie, but I thought it was fantastic. It was the perfect balance of space, thrill, humor and Matt Damon-awesomeness. It's one of those movies that makes you forget where you are and you end up getting quite attached to the main character. I may have shed a tear or two...

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
If you didn't know, I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek. I was so excited to see this and it did not disappoint! The film didn't stray too far from the originals, yet every new addition made sense and the whole film flowed really well. A big thank-you goes to my brother for pre-booking us all tickets before they all sold out months prior to the movie's actual release.

Ant Man
 Marvel did such a good job with this one. I get really annoyed when people hear the title of this film and go "Really? Ant Man? Lame." Only because this movie and its main characters are actually pretty awesome and the humor makes it such a fun watch. I can't wait to see Paul Rudd among the Avengers.

It's a very Blockbuster list, I know, but these are the kinds of movies I grew up with and I love 'em!
 Do you have a favorite movie from 2015?

Steph x.


Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment