The Christmas Tag

Tuesday 8 December 2015



Hello Everyone!
 So, this tag was created by the lovely Meggan over on her blog and it was so cute and fun that I had to give it a go myself. I've been loving reading everyone's Christmas-themed posts this month and seeing how everyone is getting festive. Here's a little insight into how I spend my Christmas, enjoy!

What is your favorite Christmas film?
This is a tough one! But I'm going to have to go with Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I have to watch it every year or it doesn't feel like Christmas!

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Sadly, no. Every Christmas for me has been in the Kiwi Summer, but it is on my bucket-list and I will have one soon I'm sure.


Where do you usually spend your holidays?
When I was younger we used to go camping to different places in the South Island of NZ, which was so much fun. Now though, we usually just stay home and go on a vacation later in the year. I love chilling at home, so it doesn't bother me about staying in.

What's your favorite Christmas song?
All I want for Christmas is you <3 (I don't care who sings it)

Do you open presents on Christmas Eve?
No, never! Christmas Eve is all about preparation for the next day in our house. It's still fun though, Mum and Me are usually baking in the kitchen and there's always a Christmas movie on in the background. I wish we opened presents on Christmas Eve...


Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Haven't done this since I was a kid, but I can give it a go: Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Blitzen, Rudolph, Commet, Donner...I've forgotten one haven't I?

What holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year? 
I always love putting up our tree and having the house look festive again. We also do lots of baking at Christmas time as well, so I'm really excited about having an excuse to do that again!


Is your Christmas tree real or fake? 
Fake! We have had the same one since I was little. They're a lot easier than real ones, although they don't smell as amazing.


What is your all-time favorite Christmas sweet/treat?
Last year I tried a Terry's Chocolate Orange for the first time and oh. my. word. they are amazing. I have been very self-restrained on them this year, but they are my absolute favorite now.


Be honest: Do you love giving gifts or receiving them better? 
I'm not the best with surprises and I have a terrible poker-face, so I honestly love giving gifts more. We're pretty open in our family with what we want for Christmas, so putting a few sneaky gifts under the tree is a lot of fun for me.

What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?
The only thing that pops to mind is this Barbie camper-van toy that I got when I was about 7. My poor Dad stayed up until 4am putting the hundreds of stickers on it for me! I loved that thing.

What would be your dream place to visit for the holidays? 
Definitely New York. I would absolutely love to just stay in a hotel, walk around Central Park in the snow, and go ice skating with all the lights and buildings around you. I loved the city when I visited in summer, so I think winter would be quite magical.

Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
I'm half and half I think. Sometimes I do it really well, then the further into the pile of presents I get I start to fail...at least I try, right?


Most memorable holiday moment? 
A few years ago now, we put Eye Toy on the TV (Playstation version of the Wii) and we all took turns playing the games and trying to beat each others scores. I don't think I've laughed so much in my life! Best memory by far.

What made you realize the truth about Santa? Those heart-breaking words from my mother "Don't you think you're getting a bit old for that?" Never. The answer is I'm never too old, OK?

Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them? 
Yes! I always make them and I can usually complete half of them. Although, I can say proudly that I achieved even more than I could have imagined this year. I'm already planning my goals for 2016!


What makes the holidays special for you?
There are a lot of family birthdays going on in December so it's a big month for celebrating and being grateful for each other. Just enjoying family time is special for me.

And that's it! Let me know if you do the tag too, I'd love to read your answers! 
Until tomorrow, Steph x.  

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment