Things I've Learned from Blogmas

Tuesday 22 December 2015


Hello Everyone!
This was my first year doing blogmas and I had a lot fun doing it! I love a good challenge and it didn't end up being as hard as I thought it would be. I learned a lot from participating and props go to anyone else completing the month. If you didn't, then I hope you enjoyed reading along! I really wanted to share my experience and offer any tips I learned along the way.


November-smash is key
I spent most of November getting ready for this month. I planned all 24 days, took photos and wrote out posts. It was really only about half of blogmas that was planned, but it seriously helped in making my posts consistent. I'm not sure I would have made the whole month without doing it. The more organized the better!

Blogger burnout is a very real struggle
Yup, this happened about halfway through the month and I very nearly quit the whole project. I kept working through it though and I'm glad that I did. It's taught me that daily blogging really doesn't suit me and that you won't be excited about every single post you publish. I'm still glad I did blogmas, but I'm looking forward to returning to my 3-4 posts per week schedule.

It's not for everyone
I saw quite a lot of mixed opinions in the twitter blogging world and it was interesting to see everyone's point of view. The main reason for not participating was that the level of quality in your posts can suffer because of how often you have to publish. And I totally agree! It was another reason why I spent my November prepping; I wanted you guys to enjoy my content and still be as best I can as a blogger. Doing blogmas is a personal choice and I love that the blogging community respects that.

Christmas everyday?
  As much as I love December and Christmas, I didn't want you guys to be overloaded by festive subjects every single day (just my personal choice.) I still wanted variety in my posts and it meant that I wasn't bored uploading everyday. A couple of Christmas posts a week made them more special for me, so don't feel pressured to make every post a festive one. 

#blogmas support 
I used and browsed this twitter hashtag a lot during the month and it was great! Supporting each other was especially important through such a busy month. I loved reading everyone's post and it helped to promote mine too. It's easier for everyone to know exactly who's doing blogmas and maybe even get some post ideas if you're feeling stuck.

Overall, I glad I took blogmas on and I'm happy that I've managed to keep it up. Will I do it again next year? Probably not, I might just make December extra special in terms of content.

Did you participate in blogmas this year? What's your opinion of it?
I'd love to know what you think!
Steph x.


Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

8 comments :

  1. I didn't participate in Blogmas this year so I admire you for doing it do thoroughly! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for doing Blogmas this year! I'm going to have a crack at it next year!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's awesome, I will look forward to following along =)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I've loved blogmas! I did it but missed a few days due to personal issues! Well done for doing Blogmas! Blogmas has taught me that I can post more consistently, and had helped me to see I can post more than twice a week!

    Amy X
    amysthoughtsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! That's fair enough, it's a pretty busy month. Same here! I'm going to post more too. I look forward to reading them!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Well done for doing this! I've blogged every day for almost two years and I love doing so. I also run 2 other blogs but don't post there daily. Daily blogging is something that happened to me naturally when I had too much things to blog about! I only planned on doing it until I got the posts I needed live out of the way, but it just kind of stuck!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's amazing! I know what you mean, I get so many ideas then never know when to use them. Very cool.
      Steph x.

      Delete