What's In My Gym Bag

Friday 22 January 2016






Hello Everyone! 
 I've been going to the gym for almost a year now and I'm still loving it. I go five times a week and some days I leave there for a run with my Mum. It took me a while, but I've come up with a core list of things that I always take with me. Some of them are for just-in-case scenarios, but I'm someone who needs to be prepared!

I'd like to start by pointing out that you really don't need to take that much stuff with you. Most days I survive with a water bottle, towel, and my music. So, if you're new to a gym don't feel pressured to go out and buy a bunch of accessories. You don't need them, I promise.


Bag
I really don't bring enough things with me to justify a bigger bag (I live close by, so I don't shower there.) I've used a Nike bag for years and it lasted me so long. I'm also a fan their designs and the functionality that comes with the amount of pockets they include. 

Deodorant 
There's nothing worse than getting to the gym and realizing that you forgot to put deodorant on. No one wants to be THAT person at the gym. I always keep a spare roll-on in my bag, as well as a spray in case I'm feeling like I really need it.

Gym Towel 
Can't survive a session without one of these! (If I can, I'm not working hard enough.) I have two of these that rotate each day, my #healthie one is from Cotton On Body. These are great for wiping benches or equipment down once you're done using them too.

Water Bottle 
Again, something I can't survive the gym without. I like using metal bottles since I can keep it in the fridge and it keeps my water cold for quite a while. Thank goodness for gym water fountains too! It's so important to keep yourself hydrated.


Spare hair-ties and clips
For those inevitable hair emergencies! I make a habit of carrying these with me in my normal handbag as well, just in case. Sometimes a get to the gym and realize there's a massive kink in my hair that I have to fix. 

Hairbrush
Because there's no point in carrying hair-ties if I'm just going to make a mess of my hair anyway (and I always do without one.) I actually bought this one when I lost my Tangle Teaser, but that has now been recovered so I keep this second one for the gym.


Music and Headphones
This is incredibly necessary, seeing as I'm really picky with music at times. There's nothing like Little Mix's Salute to get me into beast mode. Also, over-ear headphones are so great for actually staying in your ears.

Lip Balm  
Another one of these small things that comes in handy from time to time! I really love the EOS lip balms and they're the perfect size to keep in your bag.


Peanut Butter
I get that this is a little weird, but a gym bag should always carry a snack/protein source! I read a while ago that having a spoon of PB after a workout is great for starting muscle repair. Sometimes I will go straight from the gym to the park where I run with my Mum, so I need a little treat when I'm done.

My little bag of emergency supplies
I carry this bag everywhere with me and I think the gym is where I could need it most! It's full of plasters, feminine hygiene stuff, and even my calming chews in case my anxiety plays up. I started keeping a bag like this in high school, and let me tell you that it really does come in handy from time to time.

And that's it! I find that you learn over time what to take to the gym with you and what to leave at home. As long as you remember your towel, water, music and your motivation, you can't go wrong!

What are your exercise necessities? 
Steph x.

8 comments :

  1. Great post! The only difference in my gym bag is that I carry like a nutrient bar / protein bar if I get hungry. I know they aren't the healthiest, but I like it! But then again sometimes I make it do m scratch... So it's all good in the end.

    Kim
    Www.vanmenxel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I love protein bars too. I used to get a black forest flavored one, which I'm sure has too much sugar in it, but they're so good!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. I totally have a bag of 'emergency supplies' that I take everywhere with me too! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I knew I wasn't the only one : ) It pays to be prepared, right?
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I don't go to the gym as I prefer other activities, like walking, hiking and things like that :) But if I went, these are exactly the things I would take :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I've always wanted to go hiking. Glad to see we think the same!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. I love your pictures! They are always on point! Do you use studio lights or just natural lighting?? They always look so professional. I am new follower to your blog but I love it! You have a great writing style and I am definitely a new fan!

    Annabel ♥
    http://annabelreid13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Annabel! That made my day. It's just natural lighting. I usually shoot photos on white card on my bed since it's right by a big window. I'm so glad you like my blog! : D Thanks so much for following!
      Steph x.

      Delete