September Favorites!

Tuesday 27 September 2016






Hello, Everyone! 

I know I don't usually put out a monthly favorites, but there are quite a few goodies I picked up in the States that I haven't had the chance to share with you yet. Most of these items have been with me throughout September and I've used them almost everyday. We all love sharing what we love, right? They all range from lifestyle, to beauty, and even a music favorite. It's been a good month!



Hermione Granger Wand

Isn't it beautiful!? When we visited Universal Studios Hollywood, the first thing we did (because I dragged my family there) was visit Hogsmeade. I loved every second of being there and I could have blown all of my spending money in Honeydukes. I didn't get the chance to go into Olivanders, but I did find another store beside the Jurassic Park ride that was full of amazing Harry Potter merch. After looking at the selection of wands, I knew Hermione's was the one I wanted most and I love it! The only other wand I own is Snape's and this is only making me want to start a collection.


Demeter Fragrance Library
"Blueberry" 

I've heard so much hype around this brand and I remember Carrie Hope Fletcher raving about different scents in a video. While we were in Honolulu, I ducked into Wallgreens to stocked up on makeup I can't get at home and I came across this counter. I was so happy! I spent ages smelling all the fun types of scents they have and decided to get the blueberry one. It just stuck out to me as something I could wear that's uplifting and perfect for Spring. I've been wearing it all month long and I'm still in love with it.


Essie Nail Polish
"Cabana Boy"

Having painted nails is one of my favorite ways to feel amazing. Essie always has the prettiest shades and I found this little beauty at T.J.Maxx. I'm a big fan of pastel shades for my nails, and this pale lavender color is exactly what I've been looking for. It has a really pretty shimmer to it too, which makes me think of it as a mermaid color whenever I wear it.




Kat Von D Shade + Light Blush 
"Bonnie + Clyde"

This is another little beauty I picked up for a bargain at T.J.Maxx. Blushes are one of my favorite items to shop for and I'm so glad I found this one. Being such a great brand, the pigmentation and quality of this blush is amazing. The idea is to use the lighter shade right on your cheek, then the darker shade towards your ear. It always comes out really pretty and it's been my go-to blush all month long. 


Skintimate Shaving Foam
"Raspberry Rain"

Whenever I visit the US, I always grab myself a new can of this stuff. It's the best shaving cream I have ever used and it breaks my heart that I can't get it in New Zealand! It's so silky and moisturizing, which we all know is important. And with vitamin E and olive butter in there formula, no wonder it feels nice! Their scents are always lovely too.


Original Source Shower Gel
"Grapefruit"

This has been a big favorite of mine for a while now, but I've never had the chance to share it. This is the shower gel I use at the gym and it has the most heavenly scent ever! It says grapefruit, but for me it's more like sour candy which is my favorite. After I've had a long workout and I'm super-sweaty, this is just perfect for feeling clean and happy again. It's like a post-workout treat!



NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

I think this is one of those beauty items that has been floating around the blogging world. I was in desperate need of a new powder and NYX is a brand I naturally gravitate towards. Being a loose powder, it was a little awkward to use at first. But I have the hang of it now and have been reaching for it everyday. It's the perfect finishing touch to your makeup, and gives you a great boost of confidence!




Alice in Wonderland Mug

One thing that I was desperate to buy at Disneyland was a new mug. I need coffee with me at all times when I'm at home, so of course I collect mugs for a hobby. I've seen this one floating around Instagram for ages and it immediately caught my attention. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite tales, and every part of it at Disneyland was beautiful. Ever since I got home it's been my regular coffee mug and I love it!


New Gym Beauty Bag 

Finally a bag that describes me perfectly! Well, blog should be in there somewhere, but other than that this is spot on! I found it at T.J.Maxx in Hawaii and just had to have it. I bring it to the gym with me now, because it's the perfect size to hold all of my makeup brushes and favorite Naked Palette.


 Song: Let Me Love You ft. Justin Bieber, DJ Snake.

This has pretty much been on replay for me through August and September. I was watching a Lexlos vlog on YouTube and Carlos kept playing the song over again. It got stuck in my head, so I quickly found it on Spotify and it's been my go-to song since! It's pretty great for listening to at the gym as well. Always gets me in a good mood : )


Book: Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas 

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I'm a massive reading fan, but have struggled with a reading rut for a while now. I tried getting into Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, but that just wasn't for me. I've had the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series on my shelf for a couple of months (I bought it on sale) and thought it would be perfect to help me get back into reading. I know the characters in this book are gonna break me, but it's so worth it!



Those are all of my favorites from September. I'm so happy with what I managed to pick up, especially since I don't get to shop all that often.

Let me know what some of your favorites have been this month!
Steph x.





4 comments :

  1. I can't agree enough with skintimate shaving foam! I so badly wish we could get these hear, wouldn't mind paying double the price as well because I find they last quite a while :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, right? They make shaving foam so luxurious : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. That mug is so cute. I got a great Tigger mug at Disneyland when I went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There were so many cute ones there it was so hard to decide haha I love Tigger!
      Steph x.

      Delete