Why It's Great To Blog On Holiday!

Wednesday 21 September 2016




My time on holiday is probably when I'm at my peak for creativity and I get so inspired by what's around me. There's nothing like traveling to get your mind in a good place, whether you go around the world or just a weekend trip to a town an hour away. On my recent trip overseas, I had the best time blogging about what I did and using what made me happy to write.

I wanted to share how useful it was to use my vacation time to fall head-over-heels back in love with my blog. Prior to going on holiday, I found myself quite mentally exhausted with everything going on and within a few days my creative side was kicking already! Going somewhere new can bring exciting content for your readers and make you excited to write about it too.


Making the most of inspiration 

Before going on holiday, I was constantly stuck for ideas for blog posts. It turns out that getting a change of scenery was the best thing for igniting new ideas and finding my enthusiasm again. There are so many blogging opportunities for wherever you choose to travel to. If you're a foodie like me you could document your favorite places to eat. One of my favorite bloggers Lucy recently posted all the delicious food from her trip to Richmond and I loved reading it! Write about what adventures you go on, what you pack, or anything that sparks your creativity. I put together a list of my Travel Blog Post Ideas if you need some inspiration. 


It encourages you to explore

 I've gotten guilty lately for saying "That will be great for my blog!" and it turns into my main motivation. Of course I like to explore like any other avid traveler, but making the most of my holiday includes finding things I want to write about. Before we left, I researched different Seattle cafes and the best food in Hawaii to help me find new places to see and enjoy. It helped us find a new part of Seattle that we didn't know was there (seriously check out the Arts District there!) And I ate the best acai bowl ever in the cutest township on North Shore, Oahu. If I hadn't sought out things to blog about, we may have never found those gems!


Grow as a blogger

I feel like I've taken a step forward with my blog recently and I owe it to being away from my usual blogging spot. I didn't go over with a blogging plan, I just wrote about my experiences and everything else that inspired me. It forced me to think more about how my blog was going to continue while I was away from the norm, and it helped me grow more confidence in my work. It also gives you time to step back and think about changes you would like to make. Whether it's you blog or just your everyday lifestyle, traveling lets you look back on normal life and you find motivation to make things better.


Record happy memories 

One of the best things about blogging is being able to look back on previous posts and reminiscing on a happy time. I love reading the post I wrote about my 24th birthday last year, almost like it was journal entry. By recording your travel experiences on your blog, you can look back on amazing memories and special occasions any time you want!


Improve your photography 

I think most bloggers always have their camera at hand when traveling, or at least I do! It's so much fun to explore and spot random gems that make for great blog photos or Instagrams. I always find traveling helps me develop my eye for good shots and each year when I look at my photos, my skills have gotten better. Not only this, but travel also helps me grow my passion for photography. I'm constantly looking around me and finding beauty in everyday things. It's the time that I enjoy shooting photos most and every year I just get more passionate about it.



Even though it's tempting to use your vacation as a a blog break (and you probably deserve it!) but if you're anything like me, you can't resist a blogging opportunity! I did take pressure off by not having a schedule, so I got the best of both worlds.

What are your thoughts on continuing to blog on holiday?
Steph x.



2 comments :

  1. I love this post Steph! :) I get so inspired too when I go to somewhere new! The food, the culture, the adventure, it all makes me so exited to sit and write and to take pictures! :) Awesome post!

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a chance to create great memories I think! Ones you can look back to on your blog. Also great photographs :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete