My Current Weekly Meal Plan

Monday 17 October 2016





I've always loved my food. It's genuinely the highlight of my day, its what gets me out of bed in the morning and I'm constantly thinking about my next meal. The further I got into my fitness journey, the more I thought about exactly what I was eating. I don't personally count my macros or calories, although it can be very beneficial to do so. But I am obsessed with nutrition now and it makes me want to keep this healthy relationship with my body.


I've started trying to actually plan out my meals for the week ahead, and I thought it would be fun to share it with you! I like to have six small meals (as opposed to three big ones) not only to keep my metabolism going strong, but also because that's always been the way I've eaten since I was a kid.

Planning your meals is such a great way to stay focused on your goals and help yourself stay on track. Plus it will save you time, so that you can spend it doing more important things. Like browsing food pictures on Instagram...




Breakfast: Proats, with Banana and Blueberries

This will bore some of you, because it's been the same for months now. But porridge is my favorite way to start my day with some good nutrition. It's quick, easy to make and very budget-friendly. I always top it with banana to keep me fuller for longer and some blueberries for antioxidants (and sweetness!) If you want a more in depth recipe, I wrote a post on it here.

1/3 cup oats
2/3 cup almond milk
A good dash of cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp vanilla soy protein powder.
1 tsp energy seed mix


Pre-Gym Snack

I'm going for two options this week: a Nutrigrain Protein bar or rice cakes with peanut butter and raisins on top. You preferably want something that's high in carbohydrates to give your energy for your workout. The protein bar is full of oats, so I love that it's light yet full of good stuff that's going to fuel me.


Post-Workout: Protein Smoothie

Because the majority of my training is strength-based, I always opt for a protein smoothie that I take with me to the gym. Being a smoothie, rather than a shake, means that I can add a few more nutrients that will help me to recover and get through the rest of my day. It's also amazing to take a couple sips of during the second half of my workout, so that I can get a boost of energy!

Smoothie: 
1 scoop protein powder
2 frozen banana pieces
1 tsp maca powder
1 Tbsp peanut butter
filled to max line with almond milk




Lunch: Meal Prep (Quorn, brown rice/quinoa, green veges) + Apple

Every Sunday for the past five months, I have been prepping my lunches. It just saves so much time and I can make sure to have a nutritious meal each day. Meal prep is always 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs, and 1/2 vegetables. I went really simple with everything this week, but I packed it full of spices so it's going to taste amazing.
For some reason I just love having fruit after my lunch, and apples are my favorite. It's a good habit to get into if you are trying to build up your 5+ a day of fruit and vegetables!




Afternoon Snack: Tuna Wraps 

This is a great alternative to bread when you're trying to watch what you eat. I can pack these full of spinach, grated carrot, avocado, hummus, peppers etc. Tuna is another great protein source, plus it's full of omega 3s to help my brain stay in shape too! I chose a light dressing to bind it with, and these wraps keep me full for so long. If I get bored I can also make a healthy quesadilla with them!


Dinner

This is the one meal of the day that isn't planned out. Me and my Mum usually work together to come up with what we want to cook. She's a health nut too, so it's always a plate covered in vegetables and packed with chili. We might make halloumi fritters, vegetarian lasagne (with eggplant instead of pasta) or roasted sweet potato and salad. We both love cooking, so it's rarely boring.  




Dessert/Treat: Choc Protein Donuts or Chia Pudding Cups

This is probably the most dangerous part of the day for me. I always crave chocolate at night-time so I have to be careful. If I need to, I like to keep these mini choc peppermint bars hidden away. Sometimes you just need a chocolate fix!
 Along with my meal prep, I also made these donuts that are GF and refined sugar free. I don't have to feel guilty about them, yet they will satisfy my cravings. It's perfect! I also picked up these chia puddings that I've tried before and taste amazing. Chia seeds are also amazing for energy and hydration, so I need to add it into my diet more often.


This may seem like a lot, but I work out for roughly 2 hours a day and burning up that energy makes me hungry all day long. Gym-junkies tend to eat a lot and I can tell you that it's true! 

 How do you like to plan out your meals? Do you like doing it?
Steph x.


 Follow me on Bloglovin'!

5 comments :

  1. This food looks so tasty and healthy! Sophie x

    sophiehmstewart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love my food, but I have to try and be good : )

      Delete
  2. Will definitely give a few of these a go!!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad! Let me know what you think : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I really need to do this and be more organised, I struggle so much being healthy when I leave it last minute! Will have to copy these meals! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete