10 Awesome Reasons You Should Exercise Today

Friday 4 November 2016





If you need a little help getting motivated to be more active and get fit, then this post is for you! There are so many benefits to exercise and getting going is always the hardest part. You will always love yourself afterwards for doing it, but sometimes we all need a little motivation. Since I'm a bit of a fitness-junkie, I thought I would share some of my favorite reasons to exercise. These are things that I always think about on days where I'm sore and tired, but I know I am capable of putting in some work.

And remember that everyday fitness doesn't have to be lifting weights or running on a treadmill. Take your dog for a walk, dance around with a friend, or even just jumping on a trampoline counts too.


It's a great stress relief 

I can't tell you how many bad days have been made great for me by adding in a little exercise. My mind can switch off from whatever is bothering me and I can just focus on a little self-care. If you're frustrated, go lift some weights and feel like Wonder Woman. If you need to clear your head, go for a walk/run around your local park and just enjoy being in a little nature. Exercise releases endorphins that will instantly boost your mood if you let it. Take time to focus on yourself and let the stress slip away. 


Donuts are more satisfying after you've kicked some butt at the gym 

Having any kind of treat is so much better when you know you deserve it. Hard work should be rewarded and for me it often takes the form of food. Living by the 80/20 rules means you can still have the occasional pizza or doughnut if you've been doing well with your workout routine. Instead of feeling guilty for eating it, now I know I've earned it and it tastes even better!


It will help you escape that lazy mood

I know that some days the thought of doing any exercise feels impossible, but you actually have more energy on days where you leave the couch, than when you don't. By leaving those lazy thoughts behind and pushing yourself to workout, you set yourself a positive and productive mood for the rest of the day. Just 30 minutes will make you feel like super-woman and you can tackle anything. 


You'll sleep like a baby

Before I worked out regularly, it would take me at least an hour to fall asleep. Nowadays, I'm out like a light in under twenty minutes! If you're someone who struggles with falling asleep at night, being active will really help you to get a better rest. Then you'll be good to go for the next day!


The more you do it, the easier it gets 

Amen. The start of any fitness journey is always the hardest. But just like when we were young and our parents would say "Practice makes perfect!" the same thing goes for any type of exercise. If you keep at it and work hard, you'll run that mile or be able to do a pull-up. Every workout counts and with time you'll become a pro. It gets easier so keep going!


Feel proud of yourself, you little bad-ass 

No matter what exercise you like, love yourself for doing it and being awesome. I would say that a good 80% of my self-love has come from my fitness journey. It makes me feel a super-hero and when I hit the reps I want I feel amazing! Fitness can be a confidence booster if you let it, so work hard and be proud of yourself.


Be a healthier, happier version of yourself 

We all say this to ourselves at New Years, so take it from someone who has fulfilled that goal, and let me tell you that it's worth it. When you become active, you begin to think harder about how you treat your body, and that's when healthy habits start to form. With those habits you feel proud of doing good for yourself and it makes you happy! You should aim to be the best version of yourself each day and fitness is a great place to start.


So you don't have to ask boys for help when lifting heavy things

Never again! I am addicted to the feeling of being strong and it's a bit part of my reason for working out. There have been times at my gym where I'll lift a weight that one of the guys doesn't expect me to and their faces are priceless! I know there's nothing wrong with getting help from a gentleman, but how great does it feel when you don't have to? 


What would the Rock do? 

One sentence that could make me get to the gym at any time of day (well, not before 6am, let's be honest here.) Dwayne Johnson is so inspiring to me and he's the type of person to never make excuses for anything. If he can get to the gym with his busy schedule and family, then so can you.


A 30 minute workout is only 2% of your day

That's really not an awful lot is it? You don't have to spend hours at the gym to live a healthier life and a half-hour workout is such a small part of your day. Get up earlier, go for a run after work, bike to university instead of driving, it all counts and it makes a huge difference in the long run.



There we go, that's ten awesome reasons for you to exercise today! I hope this helps any of you out there that struggle with motivation. Just remember it's always mind over matter.

What motivates you to go and get some exercise?
Steph x.


3 comments :

  1. Thanks for the post. I'm feel stronger after read your post lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that I sleep so well after exercise is one of my favourite things, I struggle otherwise haha!

    hannahsnotebook.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would the rock do 😂 I love it! totally using that!

    katsyxo.com

    ReplyDelete