Daily Blog: My First Crossfit Class & Healthy Pizza!

Saturday 5 November 2016







Happy Friday! 




Good morning, everyone. I had a very strange day yesterday where I had to make a lot of big decisions. I booked a tattoo, bought a sexy red dress, and made the incredibly bold move of asking the guy I like if he felt the same. That one didn't work out, but I'm so proud of myself for doing it! He respected me for it too. It goes to show that you can only grow by doing the things that scare you. Yesterday I was a bit heart-broken, but waking up today I feel totally bad-ass and ready to take on more scary ventures. 





One of the other decisions I made yesterday was to call and book in at new Crossfit gym that has opened up. I barely got through my workout yesterday because I felt so bored with being in the same place every morning. I need to take up Crossfit as part of my Spartan training anyway, so this could be something fun to add to my routine. I'm going in this morning for a free trial and I'm excited!





Would you just look at this place! There's a rope to climb and a wall to practice jumping over. It's perfect for my obstacle race training! 




That was so much fun! The instructor and the girls I worked out with were amazing. Super-friendly and helpful. We basically did a workout called Fight Gone Bad (sounds fun, right?) It included box jumps, rowing, ball throws, and work with weights that I've forgotten the name of. 




Crossfit is amazing for both mental and physical endurance, plus being in a team environment is so rewarding and it keeps you going. I'll be coming back tomorrow at 9am for a class and I can't wait! Just further proof that pushing yourself to do something scary can turn into something amazing. 





Meeting Mum for a run now. It's such a beautiful day, yet not too hot so it's perfect running conditions. 




I found a friend while we stopped for water! He kept putting a stick in front of me to throw for him. So cute! I only wish his owner hadn't come back so we could have played longer.





That was a good run, I felt really strong (although my shoulders were killed at crossfit this morning. Time for my protein ball and the all-important coffee. We even treated ourselves to one of their healthy pumpkin spice muffins and it was amazing! So spicy and soft, yet it's gluten-free and has no refined sugar. 




I've come home, had cuddles with my dog, jumped into a nice hot shower and got myself ready for the rest of the day. I'm planning on binging lots of Supernatural tonight on Netflix, so I have my typical Winchester plaid shirt on to get into the mood. 




Gonna blog from bed today for something different (please ignore my dirty shoes that will never recover from Griffith Park.)






Time for lunch! I'm just having my meal prep again (honey soy tofu with brown rice.)  I'm also taking the time to watch the new Carrie Hope Fletcher video, because I'm getting back into her wonderful videos.




Lunch break is over now, time to get back to blogging. I'm really into the swing of writing today, so I want to make the most of it.




 Just having a little something before I go off to work. It's just an English muffin, cream cheese and salmon on top. It's a little naughty, but was exactly what I was craving.









I present to you, my easy Friday night pizza! I just threw this together with stuff that we had in the cupboard/fridge. I just used a wrap as my base, which is a great healthy alternative. I added some home-made tomato sauce, cheese, spinach, mushrooms, courgettes, olives, more cheese, and chili flakes! It was so delicious and didn't take me long at all to make.





In typical Steph fashion, I didn't end up watching Supernatural after all. I changed my mind while I was at work and really wanted to watch Star Wars instead. It turned into the perfect way to end a busy, yet amazing day!


I hope you guys have had a great week! Mine has been very interesting, but in a good way.

And the most important question: What's your favorite pizza topping?
Steph x.


Join me on Bloglovin'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment