2017 Blogging Goals + Ways To Acheive Them!

Sunday 1 January 2017





Happy New Year!

It's time to sit down, get out one of my many notebooks and plan some awesome goals for 2017. I definitely learned a lot about blogging and networking last year, so I'm confident about getting better. My little blog has so far to go but I'm enjoying every step along the way. I like to write down monthly goals and have them somewhere visible for me to remember. But I can look back on this post at the end of the year and see how well I've done.
Last year I braved some photo-shoots at my gym, collaborated with two of my favorite bloggers Lucy & Kelly, and got my page views close to 50,000 (which seems like A LOT to me, so crazy!) I'm very excited to work hard and see where 2017 takes me and my little space on the internet.



New Layout

One thing I have learned from the beginning of my blogging days is to never under-estimate the power of a fresh look. I try and update my blog every six months to keep it fun and I fall back in love with it. I'm still really happy with the theme I have now, but I really want to change it's layout. I would like for my posts to be easier to read, so I'm planning on changing to a grid system rather than just scrolling. I'm looking forward to making some changes!



Post on Instagram everyday & reach 1000 followers

 I'm still loving this platform at the moment, despite never being able to decide on a theme. I love sharing my favorite healthy foods and fitness updates. I've had a great response from them this year and I want to keep building on that in 2017. I posted on Instagram almost everyday through October and it helped me grow my numbers. If I can keep up that consistency throughout the year it will really help me reach my goals. It will also be quite a fun photography challenge.


More book & fandom posts

  I think the only rule to blogging should be to stick to what you love writing about. I really have enjoyed getting into the fitness/motivation side of my blog, but I mustn't forget my other passions. A goal for this coming year is to write more about what books I'm loving (and read more too!) with book reviews, favorite quotes etc. As well as embracing my nerdy side with more posts on my favorite TV shows and what movies I'm geeking out about. I love reading them from other bloggers, so why not do it more myself?


Regular Health/Fitness Posts

It's really fun for me to go on about my life as a fitness addict, runner, and healthy food enthusiast. I came out with quite a few posts like this in 2016 and you guys really seemed to enjoy it. I want to make sure I'm writing something health-related once a week at least to share my motivation. There are so many topics that I have yet to have seen being talked about. They say you should write posts you would want to read, right? I'll be your healthy best-friend getting you through the New Year!


Hit 1000 Bloglovin' followers

When this day finally comes I am throwing a party and all of you are invited. Some of the bloggers I idolize are beyond the 1K mark and I feel like that's my major milestone I want to aim for. Growing a following isn't easy, but I know the lovely people I have following me are genuine. I see them in the comment section each week and chat to them on Twitter. That's the kind of community I would love to build, so hopefully 2017 will bring some more blogging friends too. 



So, how am I reaching these goals in 2017? 

Networking! Engaging with other bloggers and having real chats is what has helped me build some amazing friendships so far. You end up supporting one another and that's what our blogging community should be all about. Chat to others who have the same interests as you then check out each other's blogs. It's a win-win!

Post the highest quality content I can, regardless of the schedule I set for myself.
It's easy to get wrapped up in having to post something on certain days, and it makes me rush them instead of taking the time to get it right. Some of my favorite bloggers only post once a week, but I adore every word anyway. Always quality over quantity.


Set a promotional schedule and stick to it.
Twitter is a bloggers best-friend when it comes to growing your readership. Taking the time to schedule tweets everyday can get incredibly tedious, but it really does pay off. I've been getting better at keeping to certain times, but if I want to gain more views then I have to be consistent. I've got a list of times written down and set above my desk ready for me to follow when I open buffer.



If you would like to support me, you'll find me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin'!
If there's anything that you would like to see from me, or any tips on getting fitter/healthier this year, feel free to let me know in the comments.
What are some of your own goals for 2017?
Steph x.




9 comments :

  1. Totally with you on the networking part! I feel like I tend to only network with the same people, I need to try and branch out and become less shy talking to other fellow bloggers this year! Also I'm totally with you on the quality over quantity thing, it's something I sometimes forget.

    Sophie // www.sofilly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Meeting and connecting with new bloggers this year will make the difference, plus it's fun! I hope you have an awesome year x.

      Delete
  2. I really need to up my Twitter game this year. I don't really like it so I have a hard time focusing on it. I spent most of the latter half of 2016 on my Instagram (which definitely still needs work!) but I need to split up my attention a little bit. I'm excited to read more of your health and fitness posts!! I truly enjoy them. They're so motivating!

    Katie | www.overthemoony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair enough, I can only handle Twitter for short amounts of time. But if you follow positive peeps it can be a lovely place! Aw thank you! You can expect lots on the health and fitness front in 2017. I'm excited to share more too x.

      Delete
  3. This is a great goal list, Steph!

    Setting yourself blog/social media milestones is a great way to keep you motivated and on track, and like you say, posting about other interests keeps you posting too.

    I definitely have to up my Instagram game, I've been stuck in the same follower count parameter for so long now.

    I'm excited to see your progress and what you're going to share next :)

    Sam xo
    Alright Sunshine | Fashion Lifestyle Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! Writing down monthly/yearly goals helps me so much. I know your follower count game, it can be so frustrating. But this can be the year to work hard and change it! :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. I updated my blog on the 1st, so it's made me have a lot more motivation for blogging! I hit 1000 on Instagram at the end of last year, so I'm hoping to try and get 2000 by the end of this year! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!! You're doing amazing. I bet you'll hit 2000 in no time :D x.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with all your goals! I'm looking forward to your nerdy posts + more health and fitness posts! I find it really motivational to see your updates and fitness journey + I totally agree with your quality over quantity point, I think part of it is about finding the balance that works for you. xo

    ReplyDelete