Fun Variations To Your Fruit & Yogurt Snack!

Monday 13 March 2017






I'm a big fan of having fruit and yogurt for a mid-afternoon, or evening snack. It's healthy, satisfies the sweet tooth, and has a nice hit of protein. Something filling and nourishing for a post-workout treat too! There are so many combinations to try and toppings to think of. No matter how you like to eat it, fruit and yogurt is a great option to have with a healthy lifestyle.

But we can all get bored with the same-old snack, so I'm here to show you some fun ideas that might make your break-time even better! 


Dippers 

I started doing this other day and it's such a fun snack! You can use any fruit that can be used to scoop yogurt (apples, pears, watermelon, strawberries, banana etc.) For something different, I like to use a flavored coconut yogurt which is thicker than natural ones. The mango and turmeric mix is my absolute favorite. This would be a great snack to take to work, university or even on a picnic!


Parfait 

If you're craving some texture and maybe a few added nutrients, then this is a great way to go. Making up your own granola mix is super-easy and quick. All it takes is some oats, spices, nuts of your choice, and some coconut oil for baking. If you buy some already made, make sure to check that the sugar content isn't too high, companies can be pretty sneaky that way! Layer the yogurt, granola, and your favorite fruit for a filling snack any time of day. 


Watermelon Pizza





Is this the best idea or what? I had seen these floating around Instagram and Pinterest, so one hot afternoon I decided to try one myself. Not only are they fun to decorate, but so delicious to eat! Just add yogurt on top, sprinkle some berries, a few nuts, and even a swirl of honey, and voila! A healthy snack that almost looks too good to eat. 


Frozen Bites

These couldn't be easier to make. Just find some molds (I used cake pop ones) pour in a little yogurt, add some fruit, top with a little more yogurt, and freeze! In a few hours you will have a refreshing treat you can grab whenever you need to satisfy that sweet tooth. These are especially great on hot summer days to help cool you down.




I hope you guys like these snack ideas, let me know if you decide to try any of them!
What's your favorite way to eat fruit and yogurt as a snack?
Steph x.



6 comments :

  1. Oooh that watermelon pizza looks AMAZING! So good :)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so delicious. A little messy but it's totally worth it :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Your photos always look so appetizing, especially that pizza omg! It sounds like such a fun way to incorporate more fruit and goodness into your life, definitely looks almost too good to eat. I haven't eaten anything like a parfait for ages but I definitely want some now, especially as I could eat granola all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Oh I'm the same, granola is one of my favorite things to eat. Have you ever tried some with an acai bowl? So good!! :D
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Frozen bites sounds like something I'd be able to do and enjoy having! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete