Seven Things From Harry Potter I Wish Were Real

Thursday 6 April 2017





Don't you just love a post talking about all things Harry Potter? They have to be one of my all-time favorite posts to read! I've been itching to write one for a while, but needed the write topic. I thought this would be a great sequel to my Eight Things From Disney I Wish Were Real post I did last month. Although it was a lot harder to pick my favorites this time! 

I've left out the obvious ones such as Hogwarts, chocolate frogs, and the lovely Luna Lovegood. There's very little about the universe I wouldn't want to bring to life, but if I had to pick a magical seven, here's what I would choose:



The Feasts 

I must be a true Hufflepuff because this was one of my favorite parts of the movies/books: seeing all the food. I would have to do so much running if I was a student that sat in front of cakes and towers of ice-cream every night. And since our common room is next to kitchens I can sneak in at night for left-overs!


Dumbledore's Army 

I don't know about you, but when I was in high school there was nothing more thrilling than rebelling from a teacher. And who better to annoy that the horrible Professor Umbridge? The DA is a big part of the reason why Order of the Phoenix is probably my favorite of the films. They made learning spells and secret meetings look so fun! 


Diagon Alley 

When I first watched Harry Potter as ten year old, I think the first scene that made me fall in love with it was when Harry and Hagrid walk into Diagon Alley for the first time There was something so magical and exciting about it that I immediately wanted to explore it. I think I would end up spending all of my money in the Florish and Blotts book store!


The Weasley's 

Probably my favorite fictional family of all time. Starting with Mrs Weasley, the best cook and bad-ass witch, Mr Weasley and his innocent curiosity about all things Muggle-related, Charlie basically being an epic dragon-tamer, Ron bringing all the laughs to tough times (and making Hermione smile), Bill fighting for the good side even after becoming a werewolf, Ginny for being tougher than the boys, and of course the twins making sure everyone was always laughing. Even Percy redeemed himself in the end! 


Quidditch 

I was never one for sports at my school, but if we could actually fly around on broomsticks and throw balls at each other mid-air I would have participated a lot more! I'm not talking about the muggle-version people play nowadays, I wanna be soaring through the air to avoid bludgers (although I fear my lack of co-ordination would get me hurt a lot.) It would still be an exciting sport to watch! 


Apparating

Do you know how much time this would save? Being able to travel straight to anywhere you have been before would be one of the coolest parts of being a witch or wizard. Just think, if you go to Disneyland once, you can go back any time you like. I'd pop there for a churro, hit the Indiana Jones ride, then watch the fireworks show from any spot I want. Endless possibilities for this one!


Fantastic Beasts

They have always been one of my favorite elements to the HP universe, and the latest movie only makes me want them to be real even more! If I were a witch, I would probably have wanted to end up studying and taking care of creatures like Newt does. Life would never be boring and you can educate people on how to protect them.



Now it's your turn! Tell me what things you wish were real from Harry Potter in the comments.
Steph x.


12 comments :

  1. All the fooooood!! I know you can make butterbeer and buy it at the theme parks but I've never been to one and haven't tried to make any myself! I wish Quidditch was real as well! I've seen it being played where people run around with broomsticks between their legs and it just doesn't look the same haha Em xx

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must try butterbeer soon! The frozen one is so delicious =p
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Ahh I love this post Steph!! Chris and I actually sat down to watch Fantastic Beasts last night, I didn't get to see it in Cinemas so he got me the dvd. We were both so tired that we didn't get all the way through but from the little bit I did see, it is already amazing!! Even just the music and seeing the ads at the beginning for the Harry Potter movies makes me smile!! I just love it so much! Now i'm in a potter mood and need to watch the movies, its been too long! As for your list, it's pretty spot on, yes to all the food and playing quidditch! :)

    Kelly
    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay I'm so glad you liked Fantastic Beasts! I hope you get to finish it off soon, Newt is my new favorite character :D Me too! Hearing the music again makes me super happy.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I just got snugged up on the sofa tonight and watched Fantastic Beasts for the first time so seeing this blog post is rather apt. I really wish the Beasts were real too and I think I'd end up studying them as well, they're just so fascinating and obviously fantastic!

    Natalie | www.illuminated-hearts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw perfect! I love that movie, I'm really happy it's going to be a series. x.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely apparating! And magic in general - cleaning would be so much easier! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Magic would make life so much more interesting and fun :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. QUIDDITCH, omg quidditch... What I would give for that to be real - I'd actually want to take part in that!! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! How fun would Quidditch be? :D Could be slightly terrifying but I've always wanted to fly a broom.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh, all the food! Yes, please! I'm a huge HP fan so honestly, I'd go with almost anything from that world - well, all the GOOD things. No Voldemort please. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete