Home-Ware Haul #2!

Tuesday 16 May 2017







As you'll soon learn, I've still been having a lot of fun picking up bits and pieces each week for my future flat. And since I'm on a budget, I've learned to be savvy with my purchases and haven't spent more than $20 each time I shopped. 

I've found that it pays to do your research on specific items you want. Also, never look past the gems in clearance departments! I'll be showing you some of the things I've found that barely put a dent in my wallet, yet are still super-stylish or practical. I'll be doing a full blog post on budget tips in the future!

I'm still focusing most of my efforts on getting the kitchen set up. I think that's the area I'm looking forward to most in my own flat. There have been a few times lately where I've wanted to cook, or just needed breakfast, but the kitchen was already occupied. You all know how obsessed with food I am, so let me tell you, this girl really needs her own kitchen!

You're gonna have to get used to me rambling on about house-related things, I'm obsessed!




Grey Bath Mat $14

I'm so happy with this! We currently have the yellow version of this one and it's so soft and comfy on your feet that I wanted they grey one for my own bathroom. I managed to get it for half price, so I didn't need to splurge on it. It seems silly, but I'm excited for when I get to finally use this.


Blue Bowls $2.50 each

Not gonna lie, one of the reasons I bought these is because they will look great in food photography! But we did need a few more bowls up our sleeve and I really love the color of these ones. They're a little bigger than your everyday ones, so I can use them for entertaining (or a generous dessert serving...)


3x Blue Bathroom organizers $1 each

I feel like this is something people often forget about when setting up a home. I'm not a fan of mess either, so I thought these will come in real handy. I'll be doing the same for the kitchen cabinets as well.


2 x Wooden Spoons $2 each

Because if there's one thing I have learned, it's that you can never have enough of these!


Set of 3 Stainless Steel Bowls $10

These are just my favorite to bake with and they take up a lot less room that ceramic bowls. I thought this set would be a great starter for my cooking days.




Black and Gold Mountain Print $3

I fell for this print quickly, and as soon as I saw the clearance price I knew I had to have it. These kinds of neutral prints are really great to have for any room. Plus I feel like I want any and all of my future homes to be full of art.


White Ceramic Jar $2

Couldn't pass up this bargain. I'm on Pinterest far too often and a lot of the styled kitchens have simple jars on the counter-top next to wooden chopping boards, and it just looks really cute. I'm not sure what I'll put in here, but it should bring my kitchen together nicely.




Black Wire Basket $6

These are definitely another style trend right now and I have been eyeing them up. They look really cool as fruit bowls, for hand-towels in the bathroom, or for dog toys. Managed to get this one on sale too!


Baking Tray $5

I actually found this one on sale at the supermarket and couldn't pass it up! It's non-stick and will be perfect for almost anything. Some muffin tins for healthy cupcakes will be next on my list.




Palm Tree Print $4

As someone who loves the sight of anything tropical themed, I had to have this one! Not to mention the fact that blue is my favorite color and the whole thing reminds me of Hawaii. Steve and me are off there in a few months, so it might be a nice way of remembering our holiday.



I think I'm doing pretty well so far! There's still lots to get organised, but we have time. I definitely don't think you need to spend a tonne of money on household items, or even have to sacrifice how you want a room to look. There's always a way to make it work.

Let me know if you want me to keep doing these home-ware hauls! I'm sure there will be tonnes more bargains for me to show you.

Do you have any budget decorating tips?
Steph x.


3 comments :

  1. ooh you have some really good pieces here in this haul! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited to finally see them all go up someday :)

      Delete
  2. I've got the same bath mat and it feels amazing on your feet as you step out of the bath/shower! I also LOVE your black and gold print

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete