My Top Foodie Stops In Hawaii

Sunday 20 August 2017







Flour and Barley

If you're in the mood for pizza (me 24/7) then I highly recommend this gorgeous restaurant. It's tucked away at the beach end of the International Marketplace, but once you're inside the decor is gorgeous. We were lucky enough to get a table by the window, so we could have the fresh air and still hear the waves of Waikiki beach.





Their pizzas offer something a bit more special than your standard menu and come out looking so fresh. They are a decent portion, so you get your moneys worth too. Mum and I shared the mushroom pizza, which our waitress was happy about because it's her favorite. And WOW was it good! I could have eaten two of these in one sitting.






Our waitress was also great at selling the dessert menu too. We weren't going to get any, but the way she talked about the chocolate mouse made it sound heavenly. She was not wrong at all, with the oreos on the bottom, pearls on top and sweet cream to go with it, it was one of the best I've ever had. And I never ever turn down cannoli when it's on the menu!





The Pig & The Lady

With over 20,000 followers on Instagram, there's already a lot of hype around this place. Looking back we were probably lucky to get a table at lunch time on a Saturday. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you step in you realize why it's left an impression with customers. The high ceilings and unusual, yet funky, decor makes this place stand out. And that's even before you've tasted their food...








Of all the places we ate on our trip, this was definitely one of the most memorable meals we had. The boys started with their famous fried chicken, which is then covered in peanuts. Then our mains came out and we were all blown away with what was in front of us. I got the prawn fried noodles, which was so full of delicious flavor it may be the best plate of noodles I've ever had. I tried some of my Mum's vegan meal (sorry, I couldn't get a picture!) and that was amazing too. You can tell they put a lot of thought and pride into their meals. The Pig and The Lady lives up to it's hype and offers stunning dishes. I'm craving those noodles already!







Olive and Oliver

How gorgeous is this place? I discovered it on Instagram before we left and had to pay it a visit! You can find it at the front of the Surfjack Hotel, which looks like amazing place to stay and rocks a modern Hawaiian vibe. Here you can grab a takeaway coffee, while having a gander at the adjoining boutique.









The coffees were delicious as well, and I couldn't stop taking pictures of the adorable cups they come in. I wish I could have stopped by this place more often on our trip. And I'm definitely staying at this hotel at some point, it looks so fun!





Ono's Burger Bar, Dukes Lane 

One morning when Mum and I were sneaking in a little shopping, we found another eatery/marketplace for us to try. We couldn't resist the mouth-watering menu that the burger bar was offering. It was a hard choice between the flat-bread pizzas and the black bean pattie.





This was a really fun meal! You could watch the chefs carefully put together the food, even the flat-bread dough was being made right in front of us. It all tasted fresh too. The fries were some of my favorite that I ate, seeing as they were coated in a spicy garlic mix. It's a shame we also found this one later in the trip because I really wanted to try more on their menu. You could easily grab a meal from here and walk the two blocks to the beach for a picnic lunch of you wanted too.


I hope you enjoyed my food finds from our vacation. I would return to any of these in a heart-beat and I can't wait to see what foodie stops I find the next time we go!

Where is your absolute favorite place to eat? 
Steph x. 


2 comments :

  1. I formally request that big sundae chocolate thing be delivered to me ASAP! It looks delicious, just like all the other food... YUM. :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza and fries, and the noodle dish look incredible, definitely the way to my heart!

    Sophie | www.astoldby-sophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete