Daily Blog: Mini Golf Date & Lentil Sheppard's Pie!

Monday 15 January 2018




Happy Monday!




So, it was a bit of a fail this morning. I got up at my usual 5.10am, convincing myself to get dressed and go to class. The program said we were going to be doing overhead squats (something I've been wanting to work on for ages.) Naturally I was already running late because I couldn't figure out how to get my side car mirrors to work.




I managed to get there just on 5.30am, ready to race inside when I find everyone is still waiting in their cars. No coaches had shown up, so we were all waiting to see what to do. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding and at least I get an early start to the day!




I'm gonna make the most of my free time and read/discover new blogs. There's nothing I love more than a quiet morning to myself, hot coffee by my side, and a whole bunch of reading to do.




Favorite time of the day: Breakfast!
I treated us to some croissants yesterday and it has made my morning. I quickly fried up some eggs and added avocado. Sweet chili sauce inside them just made it perfect. Afterwards I pretty much fell asleep watching TV and napped for an hour. That early start caught up to me!


I was scrolling through Twitter when I people talking about the #GRLPOWR chat coming up and I got so excited because I haven't done a bloggers chat in so long.





I haven't eaten anything since my croissants at 8am, so I'm gonna quickly make a tropical protein smoothie. I just chucked in:
mango
papaya
natural yogurt
coconut whey protein
ice
water



It was just what I needed before going out for a run!




The chat is over and just in time for me to meet Mum. It's hot out so I should come back sweaty!





I actually prefer running when it's cooler out, but I will never be one to complain about a bit of sunshine. And I get more of a tan, so that's always a silver lining.

I had a super-quick tuna rice bowl for lunch and now we are off to play some mini-golf! It was all Steve's idea and I'm so glad we are getting out for a date. It's all themed around our city, Christchurch, and some of the historical buildings affected by the earthquakes. Just one of the many creative ways they have used empty lots throughout the city.








It was so cute and fun. And it turns out I'm not so bad at mini golf as I thought! Yours truly won the game, although I was proud of Steve for getting a hole in one. On one of the trickiest holes too.






Of course we had to walk down to the Margaret Mahey playground where they have food stalls. Steve spotted hot mini donuts for us (he's a keeper, I know.) I was also craving a real-fruit ice cream that I knew was there. Mango and raspberry sounds so good, right?




Look who has come around to spend some time with his big sister!




I'm making lentil Shepard's pie for my meal prep this week, no recipe to follow, I'm just making it up as I go. First step was to saute onions, peppers, and later some mushrooms with vegetable oil and garlic powder.





Then I added two cans of lentils and one can of chopped tomatoes. Then I chucked in all of my favorite spices: turmeric, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, and of course, salt. After letting all the flavors cook together for a while, all I had to do was transfer it to a baking dish and get started on my mash.




I always make it with the same ingredients (garlic powder, butter, salt, and a little milk.)


Time to go to CrossFit and I'm taking Bond with me. He loves watching people and being involved, so he will have fun too.





There was A LOT of overhead squats and snatches on the menu today. We started with some strength work of three heavy overhead squats. I was a little disappointed that I only got up to 30kgs, but I remember I've only done this strength once before,. My wrists obviously aren't going to be used to the weight yet. Still a victory.

Then the workout gave us some more practice. It was for time:

20 Power Snatches
20 Lateral Bar Burpees
20 Over-Head Squats
20 Lateral Bar Burpees
20 Snatches


Yes those snazzy pink lifting shoes are mine <3
I did the workout in an okay time and I went lighter to work on technique. The hot weather got me super-sweaty, so I decided to take Bond for a cool down walk before I headed home.







Of course the first thing I did when I got home was put cheese on my Sheppard's pie and wack it in the oven so I could eat it ASAP. I didn't taste it much when it was in the pan, but my god it's good! So happy with how it turned out. Super-filling too and it will fuel me well for tomorrow.




Bond went back home to Mum, so naturally Ollie knows he can come chill with me again. Steve had some friends come over, so I left them playing NBA and got some blog work done. We made the effort to do some stretches before bed too, a habit we will be keeping in 2018.  Not a bad way to start off the week!



How do you guys like the daily blogs coming back? A little blogger behind the scenes is always fun, right?

Hope you all have an amazing start to the week.
Steph x.





1 comment :

  1. mmhmm quiet mornings with a cuppa and blogs are my fave too! the best way to start the day :)

    youve reminded me that i reaaaallly need to get off my ass and get back in the gym / running again too!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete